This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Load map data from another folder

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
amadeush
Registered Member

Load map data from another folder

Fri Jan 11, 2013 9:51 am
Hello,

The map data Marble uses to load maps resides under the folder .marble in appData.
Is there a way to load maps from another folder instead?

Cheers,
Amadeus
tackat
KDE Developer
OS

Re: Load map data from another folder

Fri Jan 18, 2013 12:10 pm
You are probably referring to "map themes". You can set the Marble Data Path as described here:

https://projects.kde.org/projects/kde/k ... ry/INSTALL

This will allow you to load all map themes from a different location. If you want to load "single" map themes then that is a feature that hasn't been added yet.

Of course you can load all other data (like KML, GPX, SHP, OSM files) from any place in the filesystem.
mwesterfield
Registered Member
Hi tackat,

I believe I know what Amadeush is asking because I would like to do the same thing. I have set up my standalone MarbleWidget to load the dgml from a different location, but I would like to load the tiles from the same location instead of from the "/Users/user/AppData/Roaming/.marble/" directory (on Windows, obviously). I would be using my MarbleWidget application offline and would like to be able to transfer the bitmaps around with it. This then leads me to my next question of downloading the tiles. Is there a better way to download regions rather than going into the downloaded marble application and getting them from the AppData directory?

I have noticed the downloadRegion() method, but can't seem to get it to work. I'm guessing it downloads into AppData as well? My end goal is to once I figure out the downloadRegion() call or another solution, possibly write a script to download the areas then point my MarbleWidget to the area that I want them stored (not the AppData directory).

Thanks,
Matt