This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

srtm2 tiles on files.kde.org gone?

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
oliverhaag
Registered Member

srtm2 tiles on files.kde.org gone?

Wed Oct 14, 2015 11:54 pm
Hi all,

I'm doing some performance optimizations for routing at the moment and I've seen that https://files.kde.org/marble/maps/ is empty (After wondering why the elevation profile is empty :P). Shouldn't the srtm2 tiles be located there, at least the srtm2.dgml file is still referencing them...?
tackat
KDE Developer
OS
Hi Oliver,

Thanks for pointing this out. Ben Cooksley has fixed this now after I showed him your posting.
Just to spread awareness: We are supposed to use maps.kde.org from now on.
files.kde.org already redirected to that place to keep all deployed marble clients working.
However in general the redirect is using the http protocol only. But Ben fixed it for srtm2 now.
If you find any more such faults don't hesitate to report them :-)

Best Regards,
Torsten
oliverhaag
Registered Member
Thanks a lot for the quick and detailed response, happy to hear that it just moved since I googled and couldn't find the new url! :)
Seems the current srtm2.dgml is missing a leading / anyway, so I'll also update the url in there accordingly before committing my changes to reviewboard. Performance is already pretty good where it was nearly unusable before but I'll use it locally for some time before committing to make sure I didn't break anything :P
Lucas.Sichardt
Registered Member
Hello,

I guess my problem has something to do with this topic. While it worked well when I installed my system (and marble) the elevation profiles (as well as hillshading) doesn't work anymore. I can show eleveation profiles for imported gpx-tracks but not for routing.

Is this a problem because the online ressource for elevation data changed (or moved)? Could it be possible to reconfigure Marble to use another location as source for elevation data?

Best regards,

Lucas