This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Unable to compile on windows

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
jnavarro
Registered Member

Unable to compile on windows

Mon Nov 23, 2015 12:31 pm
Hi!

I've been trying to compile the last estable version of Marble (15.08) using QT4 (4.8.6) and Visual Express C++ 2010, but run into problems.

After reading the different posts talking about this subject I more or less thought that I was ready to do it, so using CMake (version 3.3.1) I launched the following command in a command prompt:

Code: Select all
cmake -G "Visual Studio 10 2010" -Wno-dev -DQT5BUILD=FALSE -DWITH_KF5=FALSE -DBUILD_WITH_DBUS=OFF -DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=Release -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=..\..\binaries\release ..\..\sources

Note the -DQT5BUILD=FALSE flag to force the use of QT4, -DWITH_KF5=FALSE to avoid the use of KDE libraries and, finally, -DBUILD_WITH_DBUS=OFF to avoid the use of DBUS on windows.

CMake reported many times its inability to find the dbus library:

Qt QTDBUS library not found.

but it finished creating the VC project files. So I opened marble.sln in the build directory and started building ALL_BUILD in release mode. Here, the problems appeared:

Problem 1

One of the sources does not compile, jeopardizing the build process:

LayerManager.cpp(160): error C3499: a lambda that has been specified to have a void return type cannot return a value

Well, I guess that I can solve this problem adding a "-->bool" in this lambda function (since it seems that this is the type of the returned value) but, still, the problem is there; I mean, the original source code does not compile without modification at least in VC2010.

Problem 2

This problem also makes the build process fail:

MarbleDBusInterface.h(19): fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'QDBusAbstractAdaptor': No such file or directory

Note that, theoretically, the flag -DBUILD_WITH_DBUS=OFF should avoid problems with DBUS. But these are there.

So... any ideas? Is there any additional flags I should specify to avoid these problems? I insist, I can solve Problem 1, but not Problem 2.

Thank you very much.

EDIT ---------------

I have been able to compile stable version 15.04. No problems at all!!!