This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Localize marble library

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
jnavarro
Registered Member

Localize marble library

Mon Nov 23, 2015 3:03 pm
Hi,

I'm developing a Qt C++ application using the marble library and the MarbleWidget.

I use placemarkers. When these are clicked I get a standard information box with title "Place information" that shows data as the latitude, longitude, elevation and a short description.

My problem is that I'm developing an application with a spanish gui and that this box is shown in english.

Then my question is: is there any way to compile marble so these texts are shown in spanish instead of english? I've seen in the source distribution that there are folders containing scripts to dowload other languages. Note that I'm interested in localizing the marble library (marblewidget.lib) and not the marble application itself.

If this is not possible, is there any way to intercept the mouse so when I click on a placemark I can show my OWN info box instead of the default one. If this is possible, then I can build my own box and show it using spanish instead of english.

Thanks alot for your help.
Earthwings
KDE Developer
OS

Re: Localize marble library

Sun Nov 29, 2015 10:35 am
You can take the KDE localization files (the ones the scripts download) and load them using the standard Qt approach.
jnavarro
Registered Member

Re: Localize marble library

Tue Dec 01, 2015 8:37 am
Thanks for your comments.

Well, I forgot to say that I want to localize my application in a Windows environment.

After your post, I did the following:

Mimicking the scripts, I downloaded the spanish translation file and manually "touched" the CMake file in the folder where these scripts are (I did so because I saw that the original script did that for a linux environment).

Then I rebuilt marble. Got a problem with the lupdate command. Apparently, it wasn't found in my computer, which is not true. Callling lupdate in a regular command prompt works (of course, it complains about missing input files, but the utility is there).

Looking at the VC2010 project files, I discovered the lupdate command and the parameters it received to work, so I copied both the command and the parameters into a batch (.bat) file to execute it and see what happened.

Curiosly, I got again the "Command not found" error message.

I think that the problem is related to the number of parameters passed to lupdate. These are so many that (I think) the maximum number of characters allowed in a single command is exceeded; the windows command interpreter then reacts in a weird way stating that the command lupdate does not exist.

So I'm stuck, since I cannot generate the .ts file needed by Qt.

Any ideas?

Thanks again.