This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Marble Vectortilecreator

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
gagiopapinni
Registered Member

Marble Vectortilecreator

Sat Jan 02, 2016 12:20 pm
/vectortilecreator$ python3 ./vectortilecreator.py c.txt
Creating cut out region ./c.osm.pbf.-122.20214-37.42038--122.11276-37.47172.osm.o5m
Traceback (most recent call last):50823.osm.zip
File "./vectortilecreator.py", line 91, in <module>
filename = download(bounds[0], args.cache, args.refresh)
IndexError: list index out of range

c.txt - c.osm.pbf;_C_;-122.20214;37.42038;-122.11276;37.47172
Earthwings
KDE Developer
OS

Re: Marble Vectortilecreator

Sat Jan 02, 2016 12:44 pm
What about phrasing that into a question and adding some context what you want to do and what you tried so far to get it done? You are talking to other humans here, not an intelligent compiler :)
gagiopapinni
Registered Member

Re: Marble Vectortilecreator

Sat Jan 02, 2016 1:26 pm
Earthwings wrote:What about phrasing that into a question and adding some context what you want to do and what you tried so far to get it done? You are talking to other humans here, not an intelligent compiler :)

Ok))
I am trying create vector tiles ... and I cant understand appointment of all arguments , witch takes vectortilecreator.py and as a result cant understand anything about this error ... for example , this arguments - west;south;east;north .I dont know their purpose well...
My region file contains the following line , c.osm.pbf;_C_;-122.20214;37.42038;-122.11276;37.47172 , and west;south;east;north arguments there are from another file :)It is random )
So , can you explain me everything about that arguments ?)
Earthwings
KDE Developer
OS

Re: Marble Vectortilecreator  Topic is solved

Sun Jan 03, 2016 8:55 am
If you go to http://www.openstreetmap.org/export#map ... 0/-96.7806 you see some random area in OSMs export view. When you click on "Manually select a different area" on the left side you get a rectangle overlaid. Change the rectangle a bit and note how the numbers on the left change as well. These four numbers correspond to the west, north, east, south sides of that rectangle, and vectortilecreator.py uses it likewise. So the map.osm.pbf file contains the map data, and the four numbers determine which part of the map data to create vectortiles for. You might wonder why not create vectortiles for all data of the map file? That is because it takes a long time (think of days or weeks) when the map file is large. For playing around (or the GCI task you're doing) it's good to select a region somewhere between 1 km x 1 km and 10 km x 10 km.