This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

How to set the language in Maps?

Tags: language, locale, political map language, locale, political map language, locale, political map
(comma "," separated)
kensan
Registered Member
OS

How to set the language in Maps?

Mon Mar 07, 2016 6:45 pm
I'm interested in to have the names of city and country in my language (italian). Now the political map show my country as Italy and not Italia and the city of Venice, Rome and Milan are not show as Venezia, Roma and Milano. Country like Germania, Spagna and so on are not show in italian language.

I have read the git file where is city.txt and there is a lot of international names. For example this is Berlin:
2950159 Berlin Berlin BER,Beirlin,Beirlín,Berleno,Berlien,Berliin,Berliini,Berlijn,Berlim,Berlin,Berlin - Berlin,Berline,Berlini,Berlino,Berlyn,Berlynas,Berlëno,Berlín,Berlín - Berlin,Berlîn,Berlīne,Berolino,Berolinum,Birlinu,Bèrlîn,Estat de Berlin,Estat de Berlín,bai lin,barlina,beleullin,berlini,berurin,bexrlin,brlyn,http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Berlin,http://ru.wikipedia.org/wiki/%D0%91%D0%B5%D1%80%D0%BB%D0%B8%D0%BD,perlin,Βερολίνο,Берлин,Берлін,Бэрлін,Բերլին,בערלין,ברלין,برلين,برلین,بېرلىن,ܒܪܠܝܢ,बर्लिन,বার্লিন,பெர்லின்,เบอร์ลิน,ბერლინი,ベルリン,柏林,베를린 52.51667 13.4 P PPLC DE 16 3426354 74 35 Europe/Berlin 2009-03-31

So there is italian name of Berlin (berlino) and I suppose that there is a simple way to have political maps in Marble in Italiano: don't it?
tackat
KDE Developer
OS

Re: How to set the language in Maps?

Fri Mar 18, 2016 11:54 am
At this point unfortunately it's not possible yet.
You are right that there has been some work done towards this feature but unfortunately it hasn't been completed yet.
kensan
Registered Member
OS
tackat wrote:At this point unfortunately it's not possible yet.
You are right that there has been some work done towards this feature but unfortunately it hasn't been completed yet.

Tanks a lot for the reply. You are very clear. Take care of this feature for all not English tongue for the future.
Children like Marble but the political map with English names is not good for educational purpose. It is good only for English people.
And another feature for children is to cut the request of user password when marble starts.
Best regards.