This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Widget not routing

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
janan
Registered Member

Widget not routing

Sat Apr 02, 2016 6:44 pm
Hi,

I'm trying to use marblewidget in my application. I'm able to build hallo-marble.cpp example with Microsoft Visual Studio and run it. When I run it, map shows and I can set points A (directions from here) and B (directions to here). These points shows on the map, but no route is computed nor showed between them. When I select one point and generate route, it outputs .gpx file with no points. Also clicking on "Address Details" do nothing. I can't see any info boxes. Adding bookmark and copy coordinates works normally.

I'm using msvc 2013, debug mode x86 and Qt 5.5

Could you please advise me what the problem is?

Thanks you in advance,
Janan
Earthwings
KDE Developer
OS

Re: Widget not routing  Topic is solved

Sun Apr 03, 2016 4:54 pm
The route computation is performed by plugins. Most likely Marble does not find any plugin in your environment because the paths to the plugins are not setup properly.

The default behavior is to use a plugin path determined at compile time. On Windows these were relative to the current working directory up until today. This approach has some shortcomings, so today I changed it in master and Applications/16.04 to use a path relative to the application executable on Windows. If that setup suits you, you could place the plugins directory of Marble in the same folder where your applications lies. So you'd have sth like
Code: Select all
C:\MyApp\
  myapp.exe
  plugins\
    AnnotatePlugin.dll
    AprsPlugin.dll

If you don't like that approach, you can use MarbleDirs::setMarblePluginPath() to change the paths. I just pushed some fixes wrt to these methods to git master, please make sure to update.

Note that similar to plugins Marble also needs access to some data. The approach taken is quite similar, just that the subpath is 'data' instead of 'plugins' and the corresponding method in MarbleDirs is setMarbleDataPath().
janan
Registered Member

Re: Widget not routing

Sun Apr 03, 2016 5:15 pm
Thanks you so so much!

I have spent several days trying to resolve this. This solution is perfectly working.

For further readers: The most simple way (but definitely not best) was to add plugins dir to working dir, and everything worked.