This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Maps do not load on computers without QT installed

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
Plainsman
Registered Member
So I have developed an application in QT that utilizes the marble widget. I am using QT 5.1.0 but am developing in VS 2010. The program compiles and runs correctly on my development machine. However when I copy the release executable as well as the dependent .dlls to another computer, the program does not run correctly.

It is not throwing any errors when it launches like when I was missing the required dll's, its just that the map widget that loads is blank or just completely black. If I install QT on the test computer, the application then runs correctly.

I do not want to have to install QT on any computer I run my application on so if anyone knows a solution to this problem that would be great.

Thanks
Plainsman
Registered Member
I forgot to mention that this is on Windows 7 for both machines.
Technoweenie
Registered Member
I just installed Marble on a Windows 7 64 bit machine. Same problem. Program seems to work, but no maps load and map download window is blank.

Did you solve this issue or get an answer?

Regards,

Bryan
"Technoweenie"
Rang3r
Registered Member
Technoweenie wrote:I just installed Marble on a Windows 7 64 bit machine. Same problem. Program seems to work, but no maps load and map download window is blank.

Did you solve this issue or get an answer?

Regards,

Bryan
"Technoweenie"

I solved this problem as follows:
1) Download and install OpenSSL;
2) Copy libeay32.dll, libssl32.dll and ssleay32.dll from OpenSSL folder to marble installation folder.
joewest
Registered Member
Here is the Link . .
YOu just need... only libeay32.dll and ssleay.dll

just save the the Zip and copy this two files to your Marbel App Dir. , thats all

Klick here ---> http://indy.fulgan.com/SSL/

You don`t need any OpenSSL Software to Install on your Computer - !!!