This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

GeoDataPlacemark doesn't update properly

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
reifert
Registered Member
Hello,

I am using marble with an extended Qt Application from the vehicle tracking example.

I want to switch the displayed name of a Placemark depending on an Event. This works just fine except for the correct display of the new name. I uploaded a picture to show you what it looks like.
http://www.directupload.net/file/d/4451 ... zk_png.htm
On the first step everythings normal, with the second step there should change the name of the Placemark from Car#2 to Emerg. Veh. with the following code:
Code: Select all
         GeoDataCoordinates coordi(lon, lat, 0.0, GeoDataCoordinates::Degree);
        m_carSecond->setCoordinate(coordi);
        if(EVW_FLAG==1){
            m_carSecond->setName("Emerg. Veh.");
        }else{
            m_carSecond->setName("Car#2");
        }
        m_marbleWidget->model()->treeModel()->updateFeature(m_carSecond);
        break;

After a while the displayed Widget will Center the map to the coords: 0,0,0 for not even a quarter second and back to the current position (because it centers on the current position and it sometimes get 0,0,0 as the coordinates) and after this the Placemark looks just fine like in step 3.
When its supposed to change back to Car#2 the same thing happens, the placemark shows still the old name but with a weird resolution.
Again after the jump to the zero point and back the placemark is updated properly.
Does anyone knows a solution for this problem?
Do i update the Placemark wrong?

Regards,
Robin