This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

install experience

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
charlieb000
Registered Member

install experience

Fri Sep 30, 2016 4:04 am
I just got Trisquel and chose to install marble. upon installing It seems to want to place seven (7) items on the menu, but only two were shown (and all seven had the same name. The five others that were not shown were marble, and there was a marble and marble-mobile showing), you can see these under "main menu" in the "system settings" ). Once I found the correct one (and renamed to "marble globe"), I found the date was wrong and wondered how to fast forward it from 9 March 2016 to now 30 September 2016 and select the correct time zone. Not sure what happened there but after attempting to play with the settings it became fine (even after chosing to reset to defaults and reopening), perhaps it was because i started the mobile version first...?. Setting "home" did not fix it.
I just thought to mention the things that were strange about it (starting It also caused the kwallet setup to pop up too). I only got it for a map, but the time being out was not convenient... When i first saw it, i thought i could also cause it to see the stars and the solar system.....

Cb.