This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Can't display Map Borders or cities

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
Plainsman
Registered Member

Can't display Map Borders or cities

Thu Mar 09, 2017 6:29 pm
Hi,

I am having issues getting the country/state boarders and city placemarks to display. Using the example provided in the marble source and also listed at this link,
https://techbase.kde.org/Marble/MarbleMarbleWidget
I am not able to get the boarders or cities to display. Do I need anything other that the MarbleWidget.dll or am I missing something.

I am on Win7 using marble 15.04 and compiling in Visual Studios.

Thanks
ivanthekdefan
Registered Member
OS
KDE software is designed for Linux-based operating systems, such as KDE's neon GNU/Linux, rather than Windows. Marble for Windows is in beta. This may be a Marble on Windows bug. I have little experience with MarbleWidget so I can't really help you otherwise
That being said, I can get country borders and city markers in the Marble GUI by choosing OpenStreetMap or Vector OSM under Map View and zooming in. I am using version 2.1, which I think is the latest. I am not aware of there being a marble 15.04; are you using marble git?
Hope I helped :)

Hi, I'm Ivan, a competent computer user (which means geek to most). I run KDE neon Developer when it works and KDE neon User when Developer doesn't work.
Hope I helped you with any problems you may have had :)
Plainsman
Registered Member
Yes I am using the 15.04 pull of the marble source code from github.