This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Marble and Qt on Windows (MarbleWidget no such file or dir)

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
carlsondavid
Registered Member
I followed these instructions but have hit a roadblock https://community.kde.org/Marble/WindowsCompiling https://techbase.kde.org/Marble/MarbleWindows

It compiled and "marble-qt.exe" in "C:\Program Files (x86)\marble" runs fine.

When I attempt to build my program in Qt Creator I end up with this error: marble/MarbleWidget.h: No such file or directory. Some searching pointed me to several threads that had the problem solved by adding this to the .pro file:

Code: Select all
win32 {
    INCLUDEPATH += $$quote(C:\Program Files (x86)\marble\include\marble)
    LIBS += $$quote(C:\Program Files (x86)\marble\libmarblewidget-qt5.dll)
    LIBS += $$quote(C:\Program Files (x86)\marble\libastro.dll)
}

This differs from the information listed in the techbase article but I actually have the files these point to, whereas no files exist by the names on the tech article.

The problem I have, is that there is no "include" folder in "C:\Program Files (x86)\marble". The techbase article lists the "C:\Program Files\marble" folder (rather than the x86 folder) but I don't have one of those either. I have wiped everything out and recompiled multiple times, and have even tried the exe installer packages for marble. None of them result in an include folder.

I should also note that during the cmake it doesn't find qt5webkitwidgets. Not sure if this is part of the problem.
carlsondavid
Registered Member
Also, I am using QT 5.9.1.
carlsondavid
Registered Member
To update, I started from the beginning and installed Qt on a virtual linux machine and building marble there worked correctly. Is marble no longer working for Windows, or am I missing something? I'd rather not get into cross compiling if I can help it, as it seems like others have windows working.