This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Searching on Marble (Windows 10)

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
hsampson
Registered Member

Searching on Marble (Windows 10)

Sun May 23, 2021 7:30 pm
Hello,

I have been trying to get Marble to work on my Windows 10 (64-bit) for the last 2 days now and have turned to this forum as a last resort. I'm hoping someone can help please?

The first issue I was having was that the maps would not load but I found a forum post that said I had to manually download libeay32.dll and ssleay32.dll. I dont think there was any mention of it in the installer guide...

The problem I am now having is that I cannot seem to do a local search. If i type a query in the search field all I am shown are the major cities. I guess its the default 12000 loaded in. I downloaded and opened a region from OSM which is approx 1.5GB which when loaded into memory (10GB!) seemed promising and showed local amenities, but this clears again on restarting marble.

From my understanding there should be an online search feature too that uses nominatim or something? I dont see anyhing for any search runner listed on this documentation: https://docs.kde.org/trunk5/en/marble/m ... laces.html

Am I missing something?

Many thanks