This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Marble desktop - saving zoom settings

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
Zenith_88
Registered Member
OS
Marble used to save the settings in the past. It was not straightforward - I had to switch between Interactive and Follow the sun several times and zoom would be saved, but only if I logged out (it would not save if machine was shut down).

After the recent KDE upgrades to Lucid lynx Marble zoom setting is not saved anynmore. There is a mizerable tiny globe size of a golf ball in the middle of my desktop.

Can someone from dev team look into the setting saving code and fix what's broken?

thanks!
bcooksley
Administrator
OS
If you can reproduce under a new user, I would recommend filing a bug at bugs.kde.org, as it appears that this is a regression.

KDE Sysadmin
[img]content/bcooksley_sig.png[/img]
Zenith_88
Registered Member
OS
I am sick and tired of having being bounced around the venues for reporting problems.
The KDE web site lists forums in support section. Why did not they bother listing their bug tracker there so that I would not waste my time on being lectured on being in the wrong place? You think I am enjoying being told run around?
Zenith_88
Registered Member
OS
Registering on an umpteenth web site just to get something fixed. I am at the point of saying big "**** IT". The biggest mistake in my life was taking this bloody sysadmin job with Linux network.

Those hippie students and their hippie profs on campus insist on having Linux installed in 90% of the boxes. They don't bother with the fact that every bloody thing is broken and it's getting worse and worse. They call Zenith and tell him to 'fix it'. And Zenith has to register on a new web site, and another one, and another one for every bloody new bug you **** are introducing, and to fight wars with you when you become defensive and show attitude.

Enough of being a guinea pig for the god knows who anonymous teenagers overseas with lack of work ethics and attitude problems. I am doing you a big bloody favour by reporting the bugs you plant on me, and getting bounced around for that is a big **** insult. So F U one last time, go about screwing the users as you see fit and I won't say a bloody word more. Maybe that's how I'll finally get the campus to move to Windows, where EVERYTHING JUST WORKS.
google01103
Manager
Zenith_88 wrote:I am sick and tired of having being bounced around the venues for reporting problems.
The KDE web site lists forums in support section. Why did not they bother listing their bug tracker there so that I would not waste my time on being lectured on being in the wrong place? You think I am enjoying being told run around?

They do it's "Report A Bug", what would prefer they call it?

OpenSuse Leap 42.1 x64, Plasma 5.x