This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Marble/Maemo/Installation on Nokia N900

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
wimpy
Registered Member
OS
I installed Marble and Marble-Maps on Nokia N900-Handy.
According http://userbase.kde.org/Marble/Maemo/Installation
I was unable to install "monav-routingdaemon". Under Programmmanager/Routing and Navigation Sector it is not there anymore. From where can I get it now?
Update to this post:
on another forum of Nokia N900-users i found my problem solved. The monav-routingdaemon is in the repository "maemo extra devel".
Earthwings
KDE Developer
OS
Yes, monav-routing-daemon can be found in extra-testing and extras-devel. Make sure to install version 0.2.release (-2) and *not* 0.2.20101211-1: The latter is a snapshot from the unstable SVN trunk of monav with an incompatible interface. It won't work with Marble. The correct version is in extras-testing.

The reason that the version is not yet in extras is that not enough people voted for it yet. If you tested it, please vote for it: http://maemo.org/packages/package_instance/view/fremantle_extras-testing_free_armel/monav-routing-daemon/0.2.release-2/ Thanks!
wimpy
Registered Member
OS
Hallo Earthwings,
Monav-Routing-Daemon ist nicht im KATALOG extras-testing, sondern immer noch im extras-devel. Allerdings schon in der neuen Version. 0.2 release-2.
Ich hatte nämlich "devel" deaktiviert, als ich hörte, daß das unstabile Versionen sind. Dann fand ich mein Programm aber nicht mehr.
For the englisch speaking members:
Monav-routing-daemon version 0.2 release -2 is still in repository maemeo- extras-devel and not in extras-testing, although it is working with marble.
Earthwings
KDE Developer
OS
That sounds a bit odd. The package overview here lists
  • Extras-devel 0.2.20101211-1
  • Extras-testing 0.2.release-2

The version 0.2.20101211-1 will not work with Marble, 0.2.release-2 will. You can check the installed version on the N900 using
Code: Select all
apt-cache policy monav-routing-daemon
In the output, the star in front of a line indicates the installed version.

Everyone, please note that the extras-testing repository must be added manually on the N900, while the extras-devel one can be activated with one click (it remains a mystery why Nokia did it that way). See the Maemo wiki for details.