This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

my city's name not found in marble

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
van_h_scott
Registered Member
OS

my city's name not found in marble

Thu Mar 31, 2011 1:38 am
hi
it's my first time to use marble and i notice when i search for m y city that it don't exit in the marble :-\ so i wonder if it's possible to add it and how if the developer or however can do that need the Latitude & Longitude of the city please e-mail me or answer me ;D
thank you very much :)
bcooksley
Administrator
OS
I suggest contacting the Marble developers directly, I think it might use OpenStreetMap for part of this. marble-devel@kde.org.

KDE Sysadmin
[img]content/bcooksley_sig.png[/img]
van_h_scott
Registered Member
OS
bcooksley wrote:I suggest contacting the Marble developers directly, I think it might use OpenStreetMap for part of this. marble-devel@kde.org.

thank you :)
Earthwings
KDE Developer
OS
Our city database is imported from geonames.org. We run a population filter that includes only larger cities ('large' depends on the device, more on the Desktop, less in the mobile version). Some cities have a missing/incorrect population number in geonames.org and are therefore missing, others are too small.

I think you're able to correct data in http://www.geonames.org directly. Note that we don't re-import their data regularly, so give us a call if you modify data that might affect Marble.
jsmith87
Registered Member
OS
Earthwings wrote:Our city database is imported from geonames.org. We run a population filter that includes only larger cities ('large' depends on the device, more on the Desktop, less in the mobile version). Some cities have a missing/incorrect population number in geonames.org and are therefore missing, others are too small.

I think you're able to correct data in http://www.geonames.org directly. Note that we don't re-import their data regularly, so give us a call if you modify data that might affect Marble.

same here, will give it a try.. thanks a lot