This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

[Marble] Rotate map

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
Poivrophin
Registered Member

[Marble] Rotate map

Tue Jun 28, 2011 3:23 pm
Hi,

I would like to know if it's possible to rotate a map in order to make head up instead of north up?

If it's possible, it's only in Mercator and equirectangular projection or also in spherical projection?

Thanks for your help!
anaaa
Registered Member

Re: [Marble] Rotate map

Thu Oct 16, 2014 2:29 pm
Hello,
do you find the solution to your question? I want to do the same.

Thanks
Earthwings
KDE Developer
OS

Sun Nov 09, 2014 1:36 am
Currently it's not (easily) doable. Afaik it was implemented at some point for spherical projection but got dropped with usability in mind.
shentey
Registered Member
OS

Sun Nov 09, 2014 1:35 pm
I've implemented experimental support for rotation in this [1] branch. Some things are broken, so for real usage you'd need to fix it. Patches are welcome!

[1] https://github.com/shentok/marble/commits/rotation
fbarbarin
Registered Member

Tue May 05, 2015 1:15 pm
Hi,

Is this aspect still under experimental work ? Or in KDE's roadmap ?

Thanks a lot
tackat
KDE Developer
OS

Tue Jul 07, 2015 3:48 pm
At the moment it's just a patch by one of our best and most dedicated core contributors.

Support is currently restricted to the globe projection and support for other projections is missing. I don't see this getting integrated as long as somebody else doesn't step up to create support for other projections.
nmoreno
Registered Member

[MARBLE] Rotate?

Mon Jan 04, 2016 1:37 pm
Hello,

Sorry, I have a new question... again :)

I want to rotate map (or view) by using the mouse but I don't found if I can do that by default. If it's not possible, I would like to create this (by using Maj+pan for example) but I don't find how to rotate map (or view).

I found this method "rotateBy" but when I use this one the map move (like a pan) and I don't see a rotate (and compass doesn't move).

So how can I rotate the map? Thanks in advance!

Nicolas

EDIT:
I found this post: viewtopic.php?f=217&t=95795&p=337624&hilit=marble+rotate#p337624.

Someone can confirm that rotate don't be added into Marble?
Thanks,
Nicolas

(moderator edit: merged this post from its own thread to this thread)