This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

(Python)path in KDevelop

Tags: kdevelop, python, pythonpath kdevelop, python, pythonpath kdevelop, python, pythonpath
(comma "," separated)
Silmathoron
Registered Member

(Python)path in KDevelop

Tue Sep 07, 2021 4:32 pm
I am struggling to understand how to set paths (and in particular the PYTHONPATH variable) in KDevelop.

Is there a way to do the following things?
  • tell the Python interpreter that will be used to run the file what PYTHONPATH should be
  • run the file with Python in an external terminal (this option is not present in the "Launch configurations" for "Script application", which seems to be how Python files should be run)
  • more generally configure the plugins (especially here the Python plugin), either via a GUI or a config file

The reason I am asking is because I encountered the following issues:
  • the PYTHONPATH variable is not read, neither from ~/.profile, ~/.zshrc, or ~/.bashrc, nor from /etc/profile making it impossible to import modules in non-standard locations
  • I solved this issue for the semantics checker by making a project (tedious if you have many such modules) but this did not solve the ImportError for the Run
  • in Configure > Plugins, I have no button that would lead me to a configuration page for any plugin

Thanks in advance for you help.

PS: also, I'm completely new to KDE so please let me know if this is the right place for that or if there are other issue trackers on some forges where I should rather go and ask about this.