This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

KRDC - how to disable clipboard option

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
rcastagnola
Registered Member
Hi all,

I am using krdc version 4.14.7 on Fedora 22 and I'm trying to connect to a windows host using KRDC, but i doesn't work properly.
It seems that the screen is not refreshed, in fact if I select an application from the desktop I cannot see the application open, but if I disconnect and reconnect to the host, I will find the application opened.

I have tried to execute from command-line the xfreerdp application with all options obtained running krdc with debug enabled and, after several tests, I have discovered that I can connect to the host properly if I disable the option "clipboard".

I have tried to add "-clipboard" to "Extra options", but from the debug I have seen that my option is added before the default one:
Code: Select all
krdc(3526)/krdc (RDP backend) RdpView::start: Starting xfreerdp with arguments:  "-decorations /w:1366 /h:768 /kbd:0x00000410 /u:xxxxx /parent-window:109051938 /bpp:16 /audio-mode:0 /drive:media,/media /network:broadband -clipboard /cert-ignore +clipboard /port:xxxx /v:xx.xx.xx.xx"
so it still doesn't works.

Checking the KRDC code I have found the following comment:
Code: Select all
// clipboard sharing is activated in KRDC; user can disable it at runtime

How am I supposed to disable it at runtime?

On a Gentoo system I have successfully patched the code removing clipboard option and I can connect to the host without issues, but I would like to find a way to disable this option on Fedora without having to rebuild the application any time it is updated.

Thanks and Regards,
Roberto