This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

KDE Connect > FireFox > Tel link > Send to device

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
ysan
Registered Member
Hello,

I'm switching from Mint to Kubuntu. The KDE Desktop is soooo well made. Incredible!

I hope to find an answer on the following.

1. In Firefox, when clicking on a telephone number, a Firefox-modal opens : "Choose an application to open the tel link". You can choose between "System Handler" or "Choose other Application".

2. In my System Settings > Applications > Default Applications is KDE Connect selected as dialer.

Soooo 1 & 2 together should make that, while clicking on a telephone link, and selecting system handler, KDE opens on my phone with the number in the phones dialer.

This used to work like this in Mint, however... I have no idea how to set this up in KDE Plasma.

I hope to find some help here.

All the best,

Y
ysan
Registered Member
Update :

I have done a test in LibreWolf. In this browser the tel-link is opened with the KDE Connect URL handler (and then I can select my device).

How can I make Firefox open tel-links with KDE Connect URL Handler?
ysan
Registered Member
I'm just thinking... KDE Connect used to work (as described above) on Mint. It seems that on KDE Firefox is installed via Snap. I have no idea what exactly this means, but apparently Snap has the tendency to break stuff??

On Librewolf it works as it should.