This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

KDEWebDev (I mean... Quanta)

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
XiniX
Registered Member
OS

KDEWebDev (I mean... Quanta)

Tue Oct 14, 2008 4:29 pm
Is there any news on when Quanta will be available for KDE4?

I am currently running KDE4 in Arch, and I must admit I am loving it (TM)...

But, not being able to run Quanta natively is a deal breaker. With the KDE3 libs it is just abysmally slow (a PHP file with 1000 lines makes it puke) , and none of the plugins work. Tried Bluefish, but it cannot hold a candle to Quanta, really....

Looks like the number of core developers on Quanta is, uhm, limited.... Could the KDE team throw in some extra resources to help them get their A's into G and make sure that Quanta is decently ported to QT4 when KDE 4.2 gets out?

XiniX, proud to be a member of KDE forums since 2008-Oct.
joethefox
Registered Member
OS

RE: KDEWebDev (I mean... Quanta)

Tue Oct 14, 2008 5:20 pm
I join with your help request. I've your same wish... but in the meantime you might look to the new Kate, it's not complete as quanta, but it's already very good for writing PHP code and with the help of the sessions you can "simulate" the projects of quanta (one session per project).

joethefox, proud to be a member of KDE forums since 2008-Oct.
LukasT.dev
KDE Developer
OS

Tue Oct 14, 2008 6:08 pm
Maybe you could use KDevelop instead of Quanta too..I don't know the shape of it. Sometimes it is sad, that some really good software from KDE3 is not going to be ported, because of a lack of developers. But I understand it,coz the real life is busy..

Daylight is coming...
Krita developer | http://lukast.mediablog.sk/log
Jucato
Registered Member
OS

Wed Oct 15, 2008 3:19 am
AFAIK, KDevelop and KDE WebDev are undergoing major restructuring into a common KDE Development Platform (kdevplatform?). Basically it means that Quanta will become a sort of plugin to or interface of KDevelop, which itself is highly plugin-based. It sort of makes sense since, for example, both KDevelop and Quanta make of katepart, both seem to use the same documentation system, etc.

I'm not 100% sure about the accuracy of my "facts" though. :)

Jucato, proud to be a member of KDE forums since 2008-Oct.
neverendingo
Administrator
OS

Wed Oct 15, 2008 11:09 pm
In fact, both KDevelop and Quanta are based on kdevplatform. They only extend it on their own way, maybe sharing plugins.
But to come back to quanta, it's sadly true that the development of it seems to be stuck. I didn't follow the kdevelop ml, but the quanta-devel ml got me to this:
http://lists.kde.org/?l=quanta-devel&m= ... 923863&w=2

New to KDE Software? - get help from Userbase or ask questions on the Forums
Communicate.
malangenius
Registered Member
neverendingo wrote:In fact, both KDevelop and Quanta are based on kdevplatform. They only extend it on their own way, maybe sharing plugins.
But to come back to quanta, it's sadly true that the development of it seems to be stuck. I didn't follow the kdevelop ml, but the quanta-devel ml got me to this:
http://lists.kde.org/?l=quanta-devel&m= ... 923863&w=2

At Forest Hills Audiology nyc, we believe that everyone deserves to live life to the fullest, which is why we're committed to providing top-quality hearing healthcare services to individuals of all ages. Whether you need a hearing evaluation, hearing aids, or any other hearing-related service, our expert team of audiologists is here to help. Contact us today to schedule your appointment and start your journey towards better hearing!