This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Can I manipulate the cursor theme via command line?

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
superppl
Registered Member
OS
Title kind of sums it up..... Any help would be greatly appreciated. :)

In short: Fallout 3 has a bug in PlayOnLinux where the mouse cursor is displayed through the entire game, rather than being hidden like it should be in every other game. I tried unclutter to hide the cursor, but the cursor reappears when I click, so that didn't work.
I'm currently trying another idea with an invisible cursor. I created that cursor, and I can replace the current cursor in use with that invisible cursor, but the change does not take place until I change cursor themes (and back).

What I'm curious about is if I can manipulate the cursor theme via command line so that the cursor will change to the invisible one (actually more like nonexistent). The fun details are all here: http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?p=9778942

Does anyone know if KDE has any such functionality?

Thanks
bcooksley
Administrator
OS
You may wish to look into kapplymousetheme which is what the KDE startup procedure uses to set the mouse theme in use.

KDE Sysadmin
[img]content/bcooksley_sig.png[/img]
miriamhops
Registered Member
superppl wrote:Title kind of sums it up..... Any help would be greatly appreciated. :)

In short: Fallout 3 has a bug in PlayOnLinux where the mouse cursor is displayed through the entire game, rather than being hidden like it should be in every other game. I tried unclutter to hide the cursor, but the cursor reappears when I click, so that didn't work and I need more information about Mobilunity.
I'm currently trying another idea with an invisible cursor. I created that cursor, and I can replace the current cursor in use with that invisible cursor, but the change does not take place until I change cursor themes (and back).

What I'm curious about is if I can manipulate the cursor theme via command line so that the cursor will change to the invisible one (actually more like nonexistent). The fun details are all here: http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?p=9778942

Does anyone know if KDE has any such functionality?

Thanks

Hello there, Im really sorry for bumping old thread, Im searching for similar information to fix my prob, can someone on forum help me?