This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Dolphin: scrolling moves highlight

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
dzon
Registered Member

Dolphin: scrolling moves highlight

Thu Jul 21, 2022 10:20 pm
Is there a way to move the highlight when scrolling in listview? In order to see the previews in dolphin, the cursor needs to be on an item. What I'd like to know is if it's possible to make scrolling through a listview behave like the up/down arrows so that there's no need for the pointer to be on an item to have the preview of it shown. That would be a much faster way of checking a directory, especially if it would contain a lot of files with a small thumbnail zoom factor.
Maybe this isn't very clear and I'll use an example. In ranger fm I use ueberzug to have file previews. And when I scroll a directory, the highlighted item follows along, providing a very fast preview. No need to click an item to show the preview. In Dolphin, the highlight stays on the last used item. I wonder if it's possible to disable that in favor of an "active" mouse scroll driven highlight and thus preview.
In the Ranger screenshot, the yellow highlight is always the selected item and scrolling the directory makes it go up/down. https://imgur.com/a/t7CkZGW

This realm's name is Maya. And she speaks Hertz. But Ahamkara makes a fuzz about it.