This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

How add custom button to dolphin?

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
Zopper
Registered Member
OS

How add custom button to dolphin?

Thu Apr 19, 2012 6:36 pm
Hello, I want add custom button to dolphin for running a script, but I can't find anything, how to add "link to application" or "custom action" to toolbars. Is there any way for it?
Hans
Administrator
OS
As far as I know this isn't possible. What do you want to achieve?

Problem solved? Please click on "Accept this answer" below the post with the best answer to mark your topic as solved.

10 things you might want to do in KDE | Open menu with Super key | Mouse shortcuts
Zopper
Registered Member
OS
I have a directory that I'm syncing with my "public web share". When I want to share something, I move it to this dir, modify if I want, maybe delete some old files and then make the sync.

Using synchronizing script in cron on every minute is... well, it sounds terrible (and it possibly do the synchronization under my hands), so now I have link to this script in the directory and I'm clicking on it every time, but with many files it is bothering to searching.

I also tried to create user action for this, but navigating through menus is not much faster. :(
Hans
Administrator
OS
Maybe you can use the terminal (F4) to run the script? Or, if you want the script to act on files you select, you could create a service menu.

Problem solved? Please click on "Accept this answer" below the post with the best answer to mark your topic as solved.

10 things you might want to do in KDE | Open menu with Super key | Mouse shortcuts
Zopper
Registered Member
OS
Its no difference if I type few letter of this script in terminal or in dolphin as quick search. Also, at least I think, I can set global keyboard shortcut for it, but what I want is to get script to run in one or two mouse click. I hoped there is some way like editing config files, but it looks like no. :(

edit: service menu I mentioned in post above in term "user action". Maybe I have some mess in terms. :)
google01103
Manager

OpenSuse Leap 42.1 x64, Plasma 5.x

bcooksley
Administrator
OS

Re: How add custom button to dolphin?

Thu Apr 19, 2012 11:44 pm
If the sync script is a console application, then you may find it helpful to run it with "konsole --noclose -e" so you can monitor it's progress.

KDE Sysadmin
[img]content/bcooksley_sig.png[/img]
Zopper
Registered Member
OS
google01103 wrote:some service menu readings
http://flexible.xapient.net/?p=461

Thank you, the first one I know, but the second contain important info...
Code: Select all
X-KDE-Priority=TopLevel
for move the action to top-level. This is good enough for me. :)

@bcooksley: I have simple gui with progressbar for it (by Zenity), but thanks.