This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

How to automatically switch to open tab?

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
medwatt
Registered Member
I usually have dolphin open on its own workspace that I can easily switch to with a keybinding. So, dolphin is always open.

I happen to frequent a couple of directories like "~/Downloads", "~/.config", etc.

I would like to be able to set a keybinding to open a directory such as "~/.config" on a new tab (if it is not already open) and then switch focus from the current that to that tab.

At the moment, setting a keybinding to "dolphin ~/.config" does indeed open "~/.config" on a separate tab. The issue is, if "~/.config" is already open and the focus is on another tab, executing "dolphin ~/.config" does nothing. I would like it to focus on the already opened "~/.config" tab. Is this behaviour possible?
medwatt
Registered Member
This forum is pretty much dead these days.
raphaelra
Registered Member
OS
I am afraid Dolphin can't do that. What you can do is to define entries for "~/Downloads", "~/.config", etc. in places panel and click it after opening new tab.
witoldor
Registered Member
1. Save these paths to bookmarks
2. Use key combination alt + b or sth than c or in ur case would be sth different

If u'll know working keybinds go to settings > custom keybinds and use 'xdotool' program to send this key combination.

You can define even context like only keybind in dolphin.

I did this with my pictures, downloads and tmp directory and it works like a charm :)