This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

How to hide item in "Create new" submenu?

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
Minio
Registered Member
OS
In Dolphin and Konqueror there is "Create new" submenu. I know this is populated by files in /usr/share/templates/ and ~/.kde/share/templates/. I can create new .desktop file with associated ./.source/ file to create new entry.

But the question is, how do I hide (or remove) entry on user-level?
I have created new entry for office text document, based on my own template. Yet my distribution provides template file for office text document in package (along with other files that are needed, so removing package is not an option). I would like to hide entry provided by distribution and stick to my own template.

I know I can simply remove files from /usr/share/templates/, but I would prefer to avoid that - I will have to do so after each package upgrade.

Any ideas how entry in "Create new" may be hidden?

Best regards
Mirosław Zalewski
bcooksley
Administrator
OS
The behaviour is governed by KNewFileMenu, which is part of KDELibs. Unfortunately, this code does not have any potential to permit you to hide a file, unless you rename the file, by prepending "." to make it a hidden file.

KDE Sysadmin
[img]content/bcooksley_sig.png[/img]
Minio
Registered Member
OS
Hi bcooksley,

thanks for your reply. It's most unfortunate that this is not possible right now.
I have posted Brainstorm idea about it. Hopefully we will see this implemented in 4.10.
Link to idea: viewtopic.php?f=83&t=107164

Best regards
Mirosław Zalewski