This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Sleep/hibernate in menu sometimes show sometimes not

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
Shark82
Registered Member
OS
Hello!

I have KDE 4.9, Arch Linux and systemd. The problem i face is occasional dissappearance of the sleep and hibernate function in menu. When this happen i logot/login and most of the times this work but it is disturbing. It is really hard to say if the problem appeared when i transited from initscripts to systemd.

The other problem is thumbnails in icon-tasks applet where sometimes show it correct and other times just show the name of application without thumbnail. Again, this problem is "workarounded" with logout/login.

For both problems it is hard to say how to reproduce it.

Thank you for help!
bcooksley
Administrator
OS
Can you check to see if kded4 (KDE Daemon) is crashing at any point?

I ask because triggering Sleep or Hibernate depends on KDE Power Management being running - which runs as a plugin in kded4. The System Tray icons also depend on kded4 (for the new style anyway - which glows when you hover over them). This could also explain the Icon Tasks applet misbehaving possibly as well.

KDE Sysadmin
[img]content/bcooksley_sig.png[/img]
Shark82
Registered Member
OS
Hi, thx fo responding.

How can i see if kded4 crashing? Through ps aux | grep kded4 or some other way?
bcooksley
Administrator
OS
It will depend on your system - usually Dr Konqi should be launched when a KDE application (which includes kded4) crashes.
You may also want to check the output of "dmesg" where crashes of applications are also listed on occasion.

Also, please make sure you are not force killing any application dialogs which are generated by KDE itself (and therefore likely came from kded4).

KDE Sysadmin
Shark82
Registered Member
OS
Here is a log from journalctl:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/38176672/porocilo

I don't know if dmesg is still used since i use systemd. But to be sure here it is:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/38176672/porocilo2

I have noticed that the problem appears every time i restart kdm with:
Code: Select all
systemctl restart kdm.service

and when i log out and log in the problem disappears.

Actually it is totally random and has nothing to do with restarting kdm service.
bcooksley
Administrator
OS
Unfortunately neither log file shows anything relating to kded4.
Next time you encounter this problem, please check the output of this command:
Code: Select all
qdbus org.kde.kded /kded loadedModules | grep -i power

Please aso compare that against the output of that command when you are starting a new session (ie. have just finished logging in).

KDE Sysadmin