This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

muon package manager can't find packages

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
bangkokguy
Registered Member
OS
Hi all,

I've a strange problem with muon package manager. For a few days I've been trying to install packages (umlet for example) without any succes. All the time I'm trying to install anything muon says that it cant find the packages to install. I made a KDE upgrade, I reinstalled MUON, cleared the var/lib/apt/lists folder - nothing helps.

Today I decided to install umlet with the help of APT; and look: it works! I appreciate any help regarding this issue.

PS: muon says for example, that it can't find the package "http://archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/pool/main/libj/libjaxp1.3-java/libjaxp1.3-java_1.3.05-2ubuntu3_all.deb", despite the fact, that it in deed EXIST!

I appreciate any help!
google01103
Manager
moved to Systems & Utilities

OpenSuse Leap 42.1 x64, Plasma 5.x

bangkokguy
Registered Member
OS
ok, at last I found the answer which is very tricky:

I had used the KDE default browser "rekonq" to test public proxies. To do this I had had to change the proxy settings inside the browser app. And than after the trial I just put the browser aside and forgot about it.

BUT! rekonq changes the system settings if you change the proxy. And this change remained in the system and caused my problem. Very hard to find out what happened. I think it's generally a very bad idea, that the browser changes system settings.
bcooksley
Administrator
OS
This is because KDE applications share all their settings. It is the same with Internet Explorer on Windows - which shares it's proxy settings with the rest of the system as well.

KDE Sysadmin
[img]content/bcooksley_sig.png[/img]