This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Unable to install RPM-Packages with "Discover" on Fedora 28

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
joherrmann
Registered Member
Hello forum,

recently, I switched from gnome to Plasma, but I have a strange problem with the package manager "Discover":

When ever I download a .rpm-File and then tryed to install it, Discover would open, but it prompts me with the message "bad BGB Signature" and in the end is unable to install the package.

Do you guys know how this issue can be fixed? I couldn't find anything useful on the internet so far.

I appreciate your help.
Mamarok
Manager
OS
Did you actually check with Fedora? Might as well be a distribution problem

Running Kubuntu 22.10 with Plasma 5.26.3, Frameworks 5.100.0, Qt 5.15.6, kernel 5.19.0-23 on Ryzen 5 4600H, AMD Renoir, X11
FWIW: it's always useful to state the exact Plasma version (+ distribution) when asking questions, makes it easier to help ...
joherrmann
Registered Member
Thank you for your reply.

It worked perfectly while using gnome on Fedora 28, and I tried to install the same apps I used with gnome. So I supposed it would work as fine as previously experienced.

So it would make no sense to me, if it was a problem with Fedora.
Mamarok
Manager
OS
Well, it could be a bad implementation of Discover in the package provided by the distribution, since we only deliver sources, packaging is done by the distributions. It definitely works with the .deb packages here, and the other distributions using .rpm seem not to have reported any problems AFAICT.

In any case, this should be reported as a bug on our bugtracker at https://bugs.kde.org

Running Kubuntu 22.10 with Plasma 5.26.3, Frameworks 5.100.0, Qt 5.15.6, kernel 5.19.0-23 on Ryzen 5 4600H, AMD Renoir, X11
FWIW: it's always useful to state the exact Plasma version (+ distribution) when asking questions, makes it easier to help ...
joherrmann
Registered Member
Thanks a lot. I'll see, what works best for me.