This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

krename- undo a process- not finding important pictures.

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
jbutcher
Registered Member
Hi,
I had just tried to rename a bunch of 703 pictures and had lost 702. Now, only one remaining within the folder with the new name I had chosen. Very important personal and professional pictures. How can I undo the procedure? Are the missing pictures where in my computer?? The app/program Krename has a serious defect since this has happened after I had chosen the option to "overwrite" the original pictures. Similar problems has been reported by other users as can be noticed at internet forums. I need help pls. I also look forward someone from KDE reply me,
thank you.

Last edited by jbutcher on Tue Sep 25, 2018 1:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mamarok
Manager
OS
Please do not cross-post the same question to various sub-forums, we moderators can always push it where it belongs. I removed your other post.

Running Kubuntu 22.10 with Plasma 5.26.3, Frameworks 5.100.0, Qt 5.15.6, kernel 5.19.0-23 on Ryzen 5 4600H, AMD Renoir, X11
FWIW: it's always useful to state the exact Plasma version (+ distribution) when asking questions, makes it easier to help ...
jbutcher
Registered Member
Mamarok wrote:Please do not cross-post the same question to various sub-forums, we moderators can always push it where it belongs. I removed your other post.

Mamarok, it wasn't in purposely I had cross-posted, tks.

Do you have any suggestion to me to advance on trying to solve my problem?
airdrik
Registered Member
OS
As for finding the lost files, there are hard-drive recovery tools available which can be used to find files which had previously been deleted (since the delete operation generally just unlinks the file but leaves the contents on the disk).

For getting the bug fixed, submit a report to bugs.kde.org.

airdrik, proud to be a member of KDE forums since 2008-Dec.
jbutcher
Registered Member
airdrik wrote:As for finding the lost files, there are hard-drive recovery tools available which can be used to find files which had previously been deleted (since the delete operation generally just unlinks the file but leaves the contents on the disk).

For getting the bug fixed, submit a report to bugs.kde.org.

Airdrik,

tks for the reply and info.