This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

unable to login with pam_u2f.so into graphic env(text OK)

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
martinmucha
Registered Member
Hi,

there is something wrong with logging into system using yubico. I add:

auth sufficient pam_u2f.so cue

into system-auth (I did it via fedora's authselect, but I'd do the same manually, so this is fine), setup the token. When I do `sudo ls` I'm corretly asked to touch the device and then it's fine. I can login into text mode console and work normally. When I try to login to graphical console, for some reason it hangs. I can both either touch token and then it hangs, or I can enter the password, then I'm incorrectly asked to touch the token (this shouldn't be necessary once I authenticated using password) and then it hangs.

What can I do to investigate further why plasma hangs or even fix how to the issue?

from journalctl:

led 20 09:19:05 fedora sddm[47897]: Authentication information: "Please touch the device."
led 20 09:19:06 fedora sddm-helper[47968]: gkr-pam: no password is available for user
led 20 09:19:06 fedora sddm-helper[47968]: pam_kwallet5(sddm:auth): pam_kwallet5: pam_sm_authenticate
led 20 09:19:06 fedora sddm-helper[47968]: pam_kwallet5(sddm:auth): pam_kwallet5: Couldn't get password (it is empty)
davidshen84
Registered Member
OS
According to an old gist, https://github.com/Zer0CoolX/Fedora-KDE ... gins-Guide

You need to remove the "cue" option.

But I am pretty sure my system worked a few weeks ago with the "cue" option. Luckily, it is not an important option.
martinmucha
Registered Member
Thanks, will try that