This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

How to copy a Vault to new computer?

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
ralphb
Registered Member
OS
I'd like to transfer my Vault with all my passwords to a new computer, but I'm at a loss on how to do that.

I couldn't find any information about the Vault. Could someone please point me to a description, or outline the steps necessary? Maybe it is sufficient to copy some files?
koffeinfriedhof
Registered Member
OS
Hi!

Have a look at How to move a vault.
ralphb
Registered Member
OS
koffeinfriedhof wrote:Hi!

Have a look at How to move a vault.

Thanks for your suggestion. Unfortunately, my .config/plasmavaultrc is missing from my backup, or it never existed in the first place.

Since I used GPG encryption instead of the "native" CryFS solutions my hope is that at least the encrypted entries still exist somewhere, but unfortunately I have no clue.
koffeinfriedhof
Registered Member
OS
Then you have to add the entry manually like described in the post and change cryfs to encfs or whatever you did use. If unsure, just create a new vault with the settings you use and copy the entry for your existing one. There should be an information in the folder where the vault ist, like the mentioned config file for cryfs. Look it up with `ls -lha` in case those files are hidden.