This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

menu editor hides apps from all applications menu

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
malarkey
Registered Member
hi.

i want to clean up my apps menu a bit by deleting some unnecessary submenues/folders. thing is when i delete office submenu for example it also removes (or hides?) my office apps from the "main" all applications menu. search still finds them, but i don't want to neither search for it everytime nor clatter my menu by additional subfolders. is this a bag or a feature? can i theoretically remove all submenues but leave all apps menu intact?

ps: i run kde 5.25.4 with 5.96.0 framework on fedora 36.
dzon
Registered Member
Make a new mentry for the ones you do need and put them in another sub catecory.

This realm's name is Maya. And she speaks Hertz. But Ahamkara makes a fuzz about it.
malarkey
Registered Member
so what you're saying is i can't simply keep the default "all apps" category containing all the apps? the category that doesn't even show up in the menu edit app to be edited from which i deduct that it is supposed to be undisturbed and to contain everything?

yes, i can see the obvious workaround of creating additional dumpster folder to keep some apps, but the problem is that if i choose to do so i'll need to put almost everything there because i want to delete most of the subgroups, but do not now which apps i may need later and i'm not that well versed in kde apps.

and this approach leaves me with heavily depopulated all apps menu which doesn't serve any more purpose. and i can't even delete it.
dzon
Registered Member
Or. You could simply use another menu instead of the default. Plenty of those. Some of which are a lot better than that default piece of..

This realm's name is Maya. And she speaks Hertz. But Ahamkara makes a fuzz about it.
malarkey
Registered Member
yeah, right (no)