This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Kate CTags pugin not working

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
Stuart
Registered Member

Kate CTags pugin not working

Tue Jan 24, 2023 2:58 pm
Hi,
I am using Kate v21.12.3 on Kubuntu 22.04 (fully updated). I have also installed exuberant ctags from the Kubuntu repo using Discover. I have viewed Kate/Settings/Configure Kate/Plugins and ensured that there is a check mark next to the CTags plugin entry. I do have a CTags menu at the top of the screen (which shows all its entries in a non-grayd-out manner, i.e. the entries are active) and a CTags button at the bottom. I am also using Kate in its non-fullscreen mode.

However, when I try to use CTags, it does not work. I have tried working through the process given at https://docs.kde.org/stable5/en/kate/ka ... ctags.html without success. BTW, it does not help that the screenshots shown there do not(!) match up with the functionality that Kate actually displays.

Use Case

Click CTags button/Index Targets<tab>/"+ Add" button
Enter absolute path to .c source code file in Name box in the Open File - Kate dialog that pops up.
Click Open button on that dialog. The blue highlight on that button turns off and then turns on again. That is all that happens.

Am I supposed to tell Kate where to find (exuberant) ctags ? If so, how is that done within Kate ?

Stuart