This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

KDE4 Konsole -profile?

Tags: konsole konsole konsole
(comma "," separated)
cass1010
Registered Member

KDE4 Konsole -profile?

Thu Nov 13, 2008 1:53 pm
I can't figure out how to run the kde4 equivalent of a kde3.5 konsole -profile PROFILENAME command. In kde4 it appears that -profile does what --type did in kde3.5. The way I used --type was to open a konsole and have myself logged into another server via ssh. I use -profile to open a konsole with several different tabs which log me into different servers. I create these by using the Settings -> Save Sessions Profile... menu option.

Is there a way for me to recreate this functionality in the konsole version that comes with Kde4.x?
bcooksley
Administrator
OS

RE: KDE4 Konsole -profile?

Thu Nov 13, 2008 7:44 pm
Yes, it is already there. I just tested it myself, and I have found it working perfectly. konsole --profile "" is what I used. Ensure you put quotes around it so that bash does not create issues.

In order to replicate your functionality, in Konsole: Settings > Manage Profiles. create a new profile named "Remote Server" or something like that, and change the command to whatever the command is to SSH into your server. Make sure to make any other changes like appearance, etc as well.

KDE Sysadmin
[img]content/bcooksley_sig.png[/img]
cass1010
Registered Member

Thu Nov 13, 2008 8:28 pm
Right, that recreates what I do with konsole --type. But what about opening a single konsole with several different tabs all logged into different servers?
bcooksley
Administrator
OS

Fri Nov 14, 2008 12:35 am
You mean like View Profiles in Konqueror? I do not think that is currently implemented. You might want to look for / file a feature request on bugs.kde.org.

KDE Sysadmin
[img]content/bcooksley_sig.png[/img]
cass1010
Registered Member

Fri Nov 14, 2008 3:17 pm
I had to figure out how to make the multi-tab profiles in konqueror work, but after I did I realized that that is the same functionality I am using in konsole.

That is my favorite feature. I'll open a feature request and continue holding on to kde 3.5.x.[hr]
I added a bug to the wishlist.

https://bugs.kde.org/show_bug.cgi?id=175140

Last edited by cass1010 on Fri Nov 14, 2008 4:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.