This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Problem with the console

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
funnybear
Registered Member

Problem with the console

Sun Jan 05, 2020 7:32 am
Hi,

I've recently switched from Kubuntu 18.04 and 19.10 (2 different machines) to KDE Neon and I'm really happy with it.
The only issue I'm facing so far is with the console.
I often need to SSH to Windows 10, and since I'm on Neon, launching a certain .exe file won't display any output. Moreover, the console becomes unusable : no way to cancel the execution with Ctrl+C like I used to do, and if I'm in a screen there's no way to detach it or even terminate it. All I can do is close the tab.
The .exe is running correctly though! Just no output, and the console is unresponsive.
This happens equally with Konsole and Yakuake.

I've tried to play with character encodings, with no luck.

Also, just to make sure there have been no changes on the Windows side, I've tried with a non-KDE terminal (namely Guake) and it all works flawlessly. No problem either with Kubuntu (18.04 + 19.10).

That may be a problem with Plasma 5.17, or a Neon configuration maybe? Any suggestion would be really appreciated!
Mamarok
Manager
OS

Re: Problem with the console

Sun Jan 05, 2020 6:09 pm
well, I guess Neon is not the right Plasma version to use for this, as it is not an OS. Please see also https://neon.kde.org/faq

In other words, you might have to add some additional packages from an Ubuntu 18.04 source, and there is no guarantee this will work.

Running Kubuntu 22.10 with Plasma 5.26.3, Frameworks 5.100.0, Qt 5.15.6, kernel 5.19.0-23 on Ryzen 5 4600H, AMD Renoir, X11
FWIW: it's always useful to state the exact Plasma version (+ distribution) when asking questions, makes it easier to help ...