This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

"Special" windows top bar coloring

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
kgruszka
Registered Member

"Special" windows top bar coloring

Thu Apr 09, 2020 12:07 pm
Hello.
In my work I need to login via ssh to many hosts at the same time. To do so, I use many instances of Konsole opened on my screen, for example lets say that I need 8 windows with ssh opened at the same time all the day. Because there is no difference in look of those windows, it is very hard to quickly recognize where I'm at the moment (some crude solution to this is always use the same order of windows like top left -> server1, middle top ->server 2 etc) yet it would be a very helpful if I could change top bar color for specific windows that I need). It seems that Plasma provides menu for changing of visuals but for EVERY instance of Konsole at the same time (right click on top bar icon -> "settings for exceptional windows" - sorry I use Plasma in Polish so I don't know if the translated name is the same) which in this case is not very useful because it change all windows.

Therefore my question is: did somebody heard of such add-on that would enable me to color the top bar of window? Or maybe it is built in somewhere inside KDE Plasma already?

Konrad
Mamarok
Manager
OS
Instead of opening separate windows, how about opening those instances in tabs? You can rename tabs to see which SSH connection is active in a specific tab

Running Kubuntu 22.10 with Plasma 5.26.3, Frameworks 5.100.0, Qt 5.15.6, kernel 5.19.0-23 on Ryzen 5 4600H, AMD Renoir, X11
FWIW: it's always useful to state the exact Plasma version (+ distribution) when asking questions, makes it easier to help ...
kgruszka
Registered Member
Hello, thanks for your answer.

Well, this is also workaround and don't resolve problem of seeing everything simultaneously... Any other idea?

Sorry for not specifying versions:
Arch linux, Plasma 5.18.4, Frameworks 5.69.0,QT 5.14.2, kernel 5.6.3-arch1-1