This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

How to remove links from application launcher?

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
pritam
Registered Member
I was trying to install timeshift from the AUR repository of Arch Linux. So while checking the PKGBUILD script, I clicked on a link and Konsole prompted me to open the link, I had chosen yes and it was opened in Firefox. Then after everything is done, I saw this (shown below in screenshot). I thought must be a bug or something like that so I removed packages of timeshift also removed it using the pacman command. But even after removing everything, I am watching this while searching for timeshift. No right click to remove option is there. I can only left click on it to open this link in Firefox. I disabled and re-enabled baaloctl but nothing seem to help. Kindly give me a solution, I just don't like watching it anymore, its irritating! Also I have rebooted my PC many times, but nothing seem to help.
maxmu
Registered Member
Is the link visible in the history? Did you try to go to the history, right click and click "forget" on the link?
pritam
Registered Member
maxmu wrote:Is the link visible in the history? Did you try to go to the history, right click and click "forget" on the link?

After reading your suggestion, I clicked on "Forget all" so now there's no history, but still I can see it :(
maxmu
Registered Member
Strange. Either it is in the history or it is in the menu. I didn't mention it before because i assumed you already searched all the items in the menu. Check all the sub menus, if you find it you can just edit the menu and delete it.
pritam
Registered Member
maxmu wrote:Strange. Either it is in the history or it is in the menu. I didn't mention it before because i assumed you already searched all the items in the menu. Check all the sub menus, if you find it you can just edit the menu and delete it.

After I woke up and started the PC again. I saw it's gone. I think it was cashed somehow. So actually I was required to reboot after clearing the history ;D
Thanks buddy!