This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Konsole sometimes reverts its settings when changing tabs

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
ButterCookie
Registered Member
OS
It's a little bit hard to explain, so I've prepared a short video demonstrating the issue.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QcS3hDgphNc

When I launch Konsole, set it size, and create some tabs, then when switching from one tab to another, Konsole sometimes behaves in a strange way. For example, when I click 'show menu' and switch the tab, the menu hides itself (reverts to previous setting). But the setting model inside Konsole still thinks the menu is visible, because it doesn't show the 'show menu' entry in the context menu.

Also, sometimes when I resize the Konsole window and switch the tab, sometimes the window resizes itself (to a constant size 171x42). It does that with the 'remember window size' setting on, and off.

Also, when the Konsole window is maximized, then after switching to another tab, the window is resized to a smaller window, and then instantly resized to being maximized again. It can be seen only when switching tabs very rapidly. Also some terminal apps like vim have their screens corrupted for a short time (until first redraw), just after switching to another tab.

- I have two KDE installations, and this behavior can be observed only in one installation, the other one is fine.
- This behavior persists between system restarts.
- I don't have any special window rules for Konsole window.

Does anyone have any idea where should I look for a solution?

KDE Plasma 5.19.5, KDE Frameworks 5.74.0
ButterCookie
Registered Member
OS
I think I've found it shortly after posting the message here :P

Yesterday I've added `AllowKDEAppsToRememberWindowPositions=false` to `~/.config/kdeglobals` to force KDE apps to respect the default window positioning setting (I prefer them to be at the center). When I've removed this setting, then konsole started to behave correctly. When I've reapplied this setting, konsole has started to behave strangely again.

So I think this is the general culprit. I'm not familiar with KDE codebase enough to pinpoint the issue further.
Mamarok
Manager
OS
You should file a bug at https://bugs.kde.org

Running Kubuntu 22.10 with Plasma 5.26.3, Frameworks 5.100.0, Qt 5.15.6, kernel 5.19.0-23 on Ryzen 5 4600H, AMD Renoir, X11
FWIW: it's always useful to state the exact Plasma version (+ distribution) when asking questions, makes it easier to help ...