This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

list of all Konsole commands?

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
cytosage
Registered Member

list of all Konsole commands?

Fri Jan 01, 2021 4:23 pm
Hi everyone,

I'm new to KDE Neon User Edition and linux in general and was wondering if there is a complete list of Konsole commands somewhere?

I've read the Konsole Handbook and have emailed the developers, but have gotten no responses and/or their email address don't exist anymore.

I've successfully installed the latest version of KDE Neon User Edition and know how to use konsole commands to install snaps, uninstall most things, and a few others.

But at times I search to find ones that I need and come up empty handed at times.
blue_bullet
Registered Member
OS
cytosage wrote:Hi everyone,

I'm new to KDE Neon User Edition and linux in general and was wondering if there is a complete list of Konsole commands somewhere?

I've read the Konsole Handbook and have emailed the developers, but have gotten no responses and/or their email address don't exist anymore.

I've successfully installed the latest version of KDE Neon User Edition and know how to use konsole commands to install snaps, uninstall most things, and a few others.

But at times I search to find ones that I need and come up empty handed at times.

Start here:
https://www.geeksforgeeks.org/man-command-in-linux-with-examples/
https://www.howtogeek.com/663440/how-to-use-linuxs-man-command-hidden-secrets-and-basics/

Migrated from Linux Mint 17.3/18.3 KDE to KDE neon User Edition.
Mamarok
Manager
OS

Re: list of all Konsole commands?

Mon Jan 04, 2021 12:21 pm
Depends on which commands you are talking about:
The commands of the Konsole window and menus are quite obviously documented
The commands for the terminal itself depend on which type of terminal you are running. Default is bash, the bash commands can all be found in the manpages linked by the previous commenter, that does not depend on konsole.
You can of course always evoke the man pages directly in the konsole:
Code: Select all
man bash

Running Kubuntu 22.10 with Plasma 5.26.3, Frameworks 5.100.0, Qt 5.15.6, kernel 5.19.0-23 on Ryzen 5 4600H, AMD Renoir, X11
FWIW: it's always useful to state the exact Plasma version (+ distribution) when asking questions, makes it easier to help ...
cytosage
Registered Member

Re: list of all Konsole commands?

Sun Jan 10, 2021 4:29 am
Yeah, I had a feeling it was something really simple, so much so that it's a non-issue for the Linux community.

A few days after posting this, I found another link that was super useful for learning too:
https://www.hostinger.com/tutorials/linux-commands

I had no idea there was a built in manual (using man bash), but will definitely be referencing this going forward.

Thanks for getting back to me blue_bullet and Mamarok.

New year and a New OS now!