This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Saving current profile incorrectly saves to multiple profile

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
mfoley
Registered Member
I am using KDE5 - don't know what version as I don't know how to get that. Distro is Slackware Current, kernel 5.10.15. I have 6 Konsole profiles, in order on screen: Default, Shell, horeb, novatec, watcher, webserver. I have different settings (mainly color) for each. When I change the colors setting on 'horeb', it also changes the colors on 'watcher' and 'webserver', but not on 'Shell' or 'novatec'. Likewise, when I change the colors on 'webserver' it changes the colors to the same on 'horeb' and 'watcher'.

Is this a bug or is there something I can do to fix this?
mfoley
Registered Member
More info: I running KDE Plasma version 5.21.1, kernel 5.10.19. As mentioned, I have 5 Konsole profiles configure: Shell (Default), horeb, novatec, watcher, webserver. All are basically the same except that I have different colors for each profile.

When I configure the color for "horeb", it also changes watcher and webserver to the same as horeb. Likewise when I configure "webserver" it also changes watcher and horeb to the same as webserver. This is irritating as I have to keep changing the "Appearance" whenever I want to use a different profile. This did not happen with KDE4.

I've tried editing the profile by doing Settings > Edit Current Profile, and Settings > Manage Profiles. It has the same effect either way.

Is there a solution to this?
mfoley
Registered Member
OK - found the problem. after examining the profiles in ~/.local/share/konsole, I saw that the three profiles: horeb.profile, webserver.profile and watcher.profile all had "colorscheme=New Color Scheme". So, I re-did the Settings > Manage profile and under description, I changed the name to horeb, webserver and watcher, respectively. Now the profiles produce the desired colors. I had to change the description for them to save to different .colorschemes.