This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Can't submit konsole to SGE

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
mckzgg
Registered Member

Can't submit konsole to SGE

Mon Jun 14, 2021 9:28 am
We are using SGE for job scheduling and for some reason it's not possible to run konsole through qsub: qsub -b y -V -cwd konsole
-b y tells SGE that it's a binary, -V exports the environment, -cwd instructs to run in the current directory.
The window very briefly pops up and then vanishes again. There are no messages or errors in stdout and stderr. I've tried to run konsole through strace (qsub -b y -V -cwd strace -f /usr/bin/konsole) in order to see what fails and that actually runs fine. The konsole window comes up and stays up. This unfortunately makes the issue not debuggable. Do you have any idea what is missing when I try to run konsole without the strace? I also tried to submit "dbus-launch konsole" with the same result.

Thanks,
Michael
mckzgg
Registered Member

Re: Can't submit konsole to SGE

Mon Jul 19, 2021 11:29 am
Well, I guess this forum is dead.
Mamarok
Manager
OS

Re: Can't submit konsole to SGE

Tue Jul 20, 2021 8:04 pm
nope, just that nobody who knows the answer to your questions has been around in the last 5 days since this was posted...

Running Kubuntu 22.10 with Plasma 5.26.3, Frameworks 5.100.0, Qt 5.15.6, kernel 5.19.0-23 on Ryzen 5 4600H, AMD Renoir, X11
FWIW: it's always useful to state the exact Plasma version (+ distribution) when asking questions, makes it easier to help ...