This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Hardcoded konsole profile

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
Not Wrong
Registered Member

Hardcoded konsole profile

Thu Nov 11, 2021 10:35 pm
I am using Kubuntu 21.10 and am trying to set up konsole the way I like it.
--I can create a new profile and set every detail as I like it. I can even set it as "default". After having done that, if I open a new window, it opens with the new settings.
--However, despite all the settings, when I start a new instance of konsole, it starts with the "Default" profile, which is "read-only".

I have two questions:
1) Where is this hardcoded konsole profile located, or how can I override it?
2) Why on Earth would someone think this is a good idea. Are they trying to make Kubuntu more like a Mac where the users can only use things in a way the developers imagine they would want to use it?

Thank you very much for any help.
Mamarok
Manager
OS

Re: Hardcoded konsole profile

Sat Nov 13, 2021 1:40 pm
I can't reproduce this here at all, I use my own profile and a new instance of Konsole opens with my own default profile.
You can check the konsolerc file located in ~.config/ if the Default Profile really reflects your settings

Running Kubuntu 22.10 with Plasma 5.26.3, Frameworks 5.100.0, Qt 5.15.6, kernel 5.19.0-23 on Ryzen 5 4600H, AMD Renoir, X11
FWIW: it's always useful to state the exact Plasma version (+ distribution) when asking questions, makes it easier to help ...
dzon
Registered Member

Re: Hardcoded konsole profile

Sat Nov 13, 2021 4:28 pm
You're probably doing something wrong. I don't have that issue on any kde setup.

This realm's name is Maya. And she speaks Hertz. But Ahamkara makes a fuzz about it.