This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

How to hide the scroll bar in the right of konsole ?

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
lpj
Registered Member
hello,

I want to hide the scroll bar, so I hide the scroll bar of the current window of konsole.

However, the scroll bar appears in the next time I open a new window of konsole.

How can I solve it ?

Thanks.
dzon
Registered Member
It's in the setting of the profile you're using.

This realm's name is Maya. And she speaks Hertz. But Ahamkara makes a fuzz about it.
lpj
Registered Member
dzon wrote:It's in the setting of the profile you're using.

Excuse me, which file should I edit and what kind of configuration items should I fill in ?
dzon
Registered Member
You don't have to edit any file. It's in the settings of the profile you're on in konsole.https://imgur.com/a/UYv1SMQ

This realm's name is Maya. And she speaks Hertz. But Ahamkara makes a fuzz about it.
lpj
Registered Member
dzon wrote:You don't have to edit any file. It's in the settings of the profile you're on in konsole.https://imgur.com/a/UYv1SMQ

Yes, this is exactly what I did before, but when I open a new window of konsole, the scroll bar will still appear. How can I solve it?
dzon
Registered Member
I only have that when changing profiles. You're sure you are using the profile of which you hid the scrollbar? If that ain't set as default profile, then yes, the scrollbar will always appear.

lpj
Registered Member
dzon wrote:I only have that when changing profiles. You're sure you are using the profile of which you hid the scrollbar? If that ain't set as default profile, then yes, the scrollbar will always appear.

Yes, I'm sure that I have set the profile which the scrollbar is hidden as default. However, the scrollbar appears next time I open a new window of konsole.
confusing
mba
Registered Member
In case anyone else will look for an answer:
In my case I had to first create any `.profile` file under ~/.local/share/konsole/foobar.profle.
1. I copied the system one from `/usr/share/konsole/Root\ Shell.profile` as `~/.local/share/konsole/foobar.profle`.
2. I changed the `Name=` field of `~/.local/share/konsole/foobar.profle` to whatever different than the original value.
3. Then I was able to perform rest of the configuration using konsole GUI menu (beforehand the 'Edit' buttons in 'Profiles' section was inactive).