This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

How to switch Profile for current tab via shell or new tab

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
Drizzt321
Registered Member
I'm looking to automate/customize setting of a tabs Profile. Such as keeping different work production vs test separate, things like that. I'd like to be able to change via shell, so when I initiate connection to different services, via alias or similar, it'll automatically set the correct profile. Or even be able to set a shortcut to open a new tab with a specific Profile already selected. Or even have separate windows with groups of tabs for each service, and have each of those separate windows always open a new tab with a specific profile by default.

I've searched around quite a bit, but haven't been able to find anything on how to do something like what I'm trying to do. Or it's been years ago, and it's a weird, hacky way that's completely unsupported.
koffeinfriedhof
Registered Member
OS
Hi!

I do not know if I understand you precisely, but you can use the dbus-methods for Konsole to change things programmatically like
Code: Select all
qdbus org.kde.konsole-2380 /Sessions/1 org.kde.konsole.Session.setProfile my_profilename

# more general
qdbus org.kde.konsole-INSTANCE /Sessions/SESSION_NUMBER org.kde.konsole.Session.setProfile PROFILENAME
Drizzt321
Registered Member
Ah, I think that works. I can work that into an alias or the like, or a shortcut, have it launch and trigger that.

Just found https://docs.kde.org/stable/en/applicat ... onsole.pdf

I think I have a good place to start, thanks!