This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

[SOLVED] Konsole: Make arrow keys scroll through commands

Tags: konsole konsole konsole
(comma "," separated)
PvtCupcakes
Registered Member
OS
I'm using Konsole, and I can't use the up and down arrow keys to scroll through recently used commands. This is getting really frustrating, and it's hard to believe Konsole doesn't do this. Is there something I need to do to activate it, or is it a bug in my distro, Gentoo AMD64?
pansz
Registered Member
OS
Can you get command-line history in other terms? such as xterm?
PvtCupcakes
Registered Member
OS
pansz wrote:Can you get command-line history in other terms? such as xterm?

Yes.
bcooksley
Administrator
OS
Ensure that the cursor is Solid, and doesn't have just a white border to represent it. If this is the case, try clicking the terminal area to focus it. Additionally, I couldn't see anything obvious, but try changing the Profile settings ( Settings > Edit Current Profile ).

KDE Sysadmin
[img]content/bcooksley_sig.png[/img]
PvtCupcakes
Registered Member
OS
bcooksley wrote:Ensure that the cursor is Solid, and doesn't have just a white border to represent it. If this is the case, try clicking the terminal area to focus it. Additionally, I couldn't see anything obvious, but try changing the Profile settings ( Settings > Edit Current Profile ).

Hmm, I just remembered that Gentoo recently bumped up to Qt 4.5 rc1. A lot of people have had problems with it, perhaps this is related to that.
bcooksley
Administrator
OS
I am also running Qt 4.5 ( from qt-copy ) using KDE Trunk ( to be 4.3 ) however I cannot reproduce the issue. You may need to either revert to Qt 4.4, or use KDE Trunk.

KDE Sysadmin
PvtCupcakes
Registered Member
OS
Seems to have fixed itself. Maybe I didn't have the cursor in Konsole, but it never happened to me in Gnome, and it happened everytime I tried it in KDE.
bcooksley
Administrator
OS
Glad to hear your problem seems to have resolved itself. If this issue is resolved, could you please mark this thread as solved? Thanks in advance.

( The "It's Solved" button will do everything for you )

KDE Sysadmin