This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

konsole short-cuts

Tags: konsole konsole konsole
(comma "," separated)
xantic
Registered Member

konsole short-cuts

Fri Feb 27, 2009 9:23 am
Hi,
I move from kde3 to kde4 and in konsole I loose same options that made my life more easy.

1) I have shortcuts like alt-1,alt-2, ... to move quickly to tab-1,tab-2,tab-3,..
but i don't see how to configure it now.
2)I usually used open in new tab and then get a entry from bookmarks to open
in new tab, and I don't know how to do it with the new konsole
3) Where go the schema paper, i like it.

Thanks, and sorry for me english.

Santi.
sayakb
Administrator
OS

RE: konsole short-cuts

Fri Feb 27, 2009 9:31 am
Tab shortcuts: In Konsole, goto Settings -> Configure Shortcuts and change the shortcut(s) for "Switch to Tab X"

xantic
Registered Member

Fri Feb 27, 2009 10:00 am
LinuxIsInnovation wrote:Tab shortcuts: In Konsole, goto Settings -> Configure Shortcuts and change the shortcut(s) for "Switch to Tab X"

This is the problem, the "Switch to Tab X" is not there.
sayakb
Administrator
OS

Fri Feb 27, 2009 12:16 pm
Try using Shift+Right arrow/Shift+Left arrow in that case. ("Next view" and "Preview view" shortcuts)
Which distro are you using?

xantic
Registered Member

Fri Feb 27, 2009 2:22 pm
LinuxIsInnovation wrote:Try using Shift+Right arrow/Shift+Left arrow in that case. ("Next view" and "Preview view" shortcuts)
Which distro are you using?

Yes, I know shift-left,shift-right work, but is not like alt-1,alt-2.
I usually work with 9 or more tabs, and always put 1,2,3,,4,5,6 in the
same place, so then I can go quickly, with alt keys.

Mandriva Linux release 2009.0 (Official) for i586
Linux localhost 2.6.27.14-desktop-1mnb #1 SMP Wed Feb 18 03:14:14 EST 2009 i686 Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU E6850 @ 3.00GHz GNU/Linux
TeaAge
Alumni
OS

Fri Feb 27, 2009 7:15 pm
Which KDE 4 Version do you use.
I used the semi-official Repository to update my Mandriva 2009 KDE 4.1.3 to KDE 4.2 and I have the "Switch to Tab ..." Shortcut.

Regards,
TeaAge

TeaAge, very proud KDE 4 User and to be a member of KDE forums since 2008-Nov.
xantic
Registered Member

Mon Mar 02, 2009 8:39 am
TeaAge wrote:Which KDE 4 Version do you use.
I used the semi-official Repository to update my Mandriva 2009 KDE 4.1.3 to KDE 4.2 and I have the "Switch to Tab ..." Shortcut.

Regards,
TeaAge

kde 4.1 I don't know exactly,
how i know is 4.1.3 or other ?
how i change the repository to move to kde 4.2
sayakb
Administrator
OS

Mon Mar 02, 2009 1:11 pm
To check your KDE version, open Dolphin, and see Help -> About KDE

xantic
Registered Member

Mon Mar 02, 2009 2:16 pm
LinuxIsInnovation wrote:To check your KDE version, open Dolphin, and see Help -> About KDE

tx.
TeaAge
Alumni
OS

Mon Mar 02, 2009 10:16 pm
You can try to update to KDE 4.2.
ftp://ftp.kde.org/pub/kde/stable/4.2.0/ ... RPMS/i586/

Add this as an repository via the MCC. After that be sure that only the KDE repo and main, main update, contrib, contrib update, non-free and non-free update repos are activ.
After that open an terminal and run
Code: Select all
urpmi --auto-update

as root. This should update all installed KDE components to KDE 4.2.0
I don't know why, but I had to uninstall libphonon4-4.3.0, which is a bit treaky:
rpm -e --nodeps libphonon4-4.3.0

and install the right one:
urpmi libphonon4-4.2

It could be possible that KDE 4.2 will not install because xul or something like that is newer that the needed one for google-gadgets (which are dependencies of kdebase). If so, uninstall xulrunner (which means you have to uninstall Firefox ... but only for a short time). That you will be able to install KDE 4.2. After that you have to force google-gadgets to uninstall:
rpm -e --nodeps $(rpm -qa | grep google-gadgets)

Now you can install firefox again.

Note, that the KDE 4.2 repo is not an official one. It was created once KDE 4.2 was released and worked well at that time. The Problems I described here occured due official updates after that.

If this is to dangerous for your taste, you could try to only install konsole-4.2.0, this should be quite easier.

Regards,
TeaAge
But I read about some problems. It could be possible, that you aren't able to upgra

xantic
Registered Member

Tue Mar 03, 2009 9:11 am
TeaAge wrote:You can try to update to KDE 4.2.
ftp://ftp.kde.org/pub/kde/stable/4.2.0/ ... RPMS/i586/

Add this as an repository via the MCC. After that be sure that only the KDE repo and main, main update, contrib, contrib update, non-free and non-free update repos are activ.
After that open an terminal and run
urpmi --auto-update

as root. This should update all installed KDE components to KDE 4.2.0
I don't know why, but I had to uninstall libphonon4-4.3.0, which is a bit treaky:
rpm -e --nodeps libphonon4-4.3.0

and install the right one:
urpmi libphonon4-4.2

It could be possible that KDE 4.2 will not install because xul or something like that is newer that the needed one for google-gadgets (which are dependencies of kdebase). If so, uninstall xulrunner (which means you have to uninstall Firefox ... but only for a short time). That you will be able to install KDE 4.2. After that you have to force google-gadgets to uninstall:
rpm -e --nodeps $(rpm -qa | grep google-gadgets)

Now you can install firefox again.

Note, that the KDE 4.2 repo is not an official one. It was created once KDE 4.2 was released and worked well at that time. The Problems I described here occured due official updates after that.

If this is to dangerous for your taste, you could try to only install konsole-4.2.0, this should be quite easier.

Regards,
TeaAge
But I read about some problems. It could be possible, that you aren't able to upgra

what is MCC ?

I try to install
konsole-4.2.0 but didn't work, when i try to launch (from xterm)
give me the following error:
konsole: symbol lookup error: /usr/lib/libkdeinit4_konsole.so: undefined symbol: _ZNK7KLocale23removeAcceleratorMarkerERK7QString
(27185)/: Communication problem with "konsole" , it probably crashed.
Error message was: "org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.NoReply" : " "Message did not receive a reply (timeout by message bus)" "

Santi
TeaAge
Alumni
OS

Tue Mar 03, 2009 11:16 am
MCC == Mandriva Control Center
You find an Icon in your taskbar which says "Configure your computer". This will start the Mandriva Control Center.

Nevertheless, it's seems that konsole-4.2 needs some other KDE 4.2 stuff.
Then it looks like you have to update KDE completely. I tried to do my best to prepare you for the upgrade, if you want to try it. But I can't give you a guaranty that it will work. It could be useful to have an other DE (like GNOME) as fall-back. If you run into unresolved problems you may have to contact forum.mandriva.com as this will be Mandriva specific problems.

Regards,
TeaAge