This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Kalarm consumes 100 %CPU

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
djarvie
KDE Developer
OS

Re: Kalarm consumes 100 %CPU

Thu Aug 08, 2013 12:19 pm
If the problem returns, please raise the issue again. In the meantime, I'll try to find out what might have been causing it, and try to come up with a way that would enable you to help identify the cause if it recurs.

KAlarm author
Mario Storti
Registered Member

Thu Aug 08, 2013 12:43 pm
djarvie wrote:If the problem returns, please raise the issue again. In the meantime, I'll try to find out what might have been causing it, and try to come up with a way that would enable you to help identify the cause if it recurs.

OK. Thanks again for all your time!
Mario Storti
Registered Member

Wed Jul 10, 2019 2:46 am
Hi all. It happened again. After a change in Time Zone it happens that Kalarm consumes 100% CPU. I tried many things (deleting the configs for Kalarm and Akonadi, deleting all the alarms and include them all again) and it does nothing. Even if I add a the simplest alarm it consumes 100% CPU. Then I found a workaround. It happens that if I set the Time Zone in Kalarm to somethin specific (Buenos Aires or Santiago de Chile) then it works OK. The problem occurs if I set System Time Zone.
djarvie
KDE Developer
OS

Wed Jul 10, 2019 10:18 am
Which version of KAlarm are you using? (Use Help -> About KAlarm to find out.)

KAlarm author
Mario Storti
Registered Member

Wed Jul 10, 2019 1:00 pm
djarvie wrote:Which version of KAlarm are you using? (Use Help -> About KAlarm to find out.)

Sorry, I forgot to include de info. Sorry about that.

Kalarm version: 2.12.2
Plasma: 5.15.5
Kernel: 5.1.8-300.fc30.x86_64
djarvie
KDE Developer
OS

Thu Jul 11, 2019 11:23 pm
You say
Even if I add a the simplest alarm it consumes 100% CPU.

Am I correct in thinking that it consumes 100% CPU even if the alarm is non-recurring?

Using the system time zone, what happens if you create a single non-recurring alarm which is due in the next minute. Does it trigger (even if it is delayed due to the CPU usage), and does KAlarm then stop using 100% CPU?

KAlarm author
Mario Storti
Registered Member

Tue Jul 16, 2019 6:50 pm
Hi all, it's me again.

I have now kalarm working but still the efficiency is unsatisfactory to me. I hove several akonadi processes and in fact I just use kalarm. I installed akonadi console and I have suppressed all the agents unneeded. Still, I have two akonadi_kalarm processes, akonadiserver and kalarm itself consuming up to 50%. Which is too low in my opinion. Is there a way to optimize the system?

TIA
djarvie
KDE Developer
OS

Sat Aug 31, 2019 11:36 am
Could you please list details of all the akonadi_kalarm_resource processes which are running on your system. Please use the following command:

Code: Select all
ps -ef | grep akonadi_kalarm

KAlarm author