This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Scheduling Kget with KAlarm

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
algalw
Registered Member
OS

Scheduling Kget with KAlarm

Wed May 27, 2020 1:19 pm
I'm looking for a command that resumes/stops kget downloads. one way I've tried is by enabling 'auto start downloads on startup' in kget settings; and then launch kget via /usr/bin/kget through kAlarm. but I'm looking for a way that doesn't require enabling this option.
djarvie
KDE Developer
OS

Re: Scheduling Kget with KAlarm

Fri May 29, 2020 12:12 am
You should be able to autostart KGet via the autostart settings in KDE System Settings.

KAlarm author
algalw
Registered Member
OS

Sat May 30, 2020 2:24 am
djarvie wrote:You should be able to autostart KGet via the autostart settings in KDE System Settings.

Thanks for that, but I think you misunderstood me. I want to resume/pause Kget downloads at a specific time through a command via KAlarm.
djarvie
KDE Developer
OS

Tue Jun 02, 2020 8:57 am
If you are trying to find out what KGet command to use in a KAlarm command alarm, you need to ask on the appropriate forum for KGet, or you might find the answer in the KGet documentation at https://docs.kde.org/stable5/en/kdenetwork/kget/index.html. This forum can help if you know what command you want to execute, but are having difficulty with how to make KAlarm execute it at the time you want.

KAlarm author