This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Import .ics file problem

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
manjato
Registered Member

Import .ics file problem

Thu May 28, 2020 1:40 pm
Ubuntu 16.04
Kalarm ver. 2.11.4

Have ReminderFox .ics file which I import into Kalarm but and only shows few entries not all the the file entries.
Please help me fix this.
Thank you
djarvie
KDE Developer
OS

Re: Import .ics file problem

Fri May 29, 2020 12:25 am
Was the .ics file created by KAlarm? If not, bear in mind that KAlarm will ignore everything in the .ics file except events.

If events are being missed, this may have the same cause as Bug #398404, which has been fixed for KDE release 20.08, due in August.

KAlarm author
manjato
Registered Member

Fri May 29, 2020 9:09 am
Not an KAlarm file it is from reminder application “ReminderFox”, it only as two groups on is “reminders” and the other “todo” the file consists of birthdays, anniversaries, and payments all in reminders group.
djarvie
KDE Developer
OS

Tue Jun 02, 2020 8:47 am
If you don't mind sharing your ReminderFox .ics file, can you please post a link to it so that I can have a look to see why some of the entries are being ignored by KAlarm. I suspect that some of the entries in the file are probably ToDo entries, which KAlarm will ignore because they are not Events. If you can't post a link, please raise a bug at https://bugs.kde.org/ and attach the file to the bug report (I don't think it's possible to attach the file in the forum here).

KAlarm author